Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Favorite Lesson Plan Themes

Considering that I would like to teach a younger age group of students, I really like lesson plan themes that have to do with bright colors. For example, when teaching Kindergarten students all of the most common colors, you have to incorporate the rainbow. You can also stretch this lesson plan for days or weeks by having a specific color for each day of the week. Monday can be yellow day, Tuesday can be orange day, etc... It'd be a lot of fun for the kids to dress up in the colors to match their outfit with the days of the week.
Another one of my favorite lesson plan themes is holiday themes. The holidays come and go every year, so you can splurge on decorations your first year and then just use those decorations for the years to come. My favorite holiday lesson plans as a kid were for Halloween because the teachers even dressed up and we always made tons of spooky cookies. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment